Monday, October 24, 2011

EEEEEEEK

Hey there fellow Homebodies!
Wanna see something disgustingly good?  Are you planning a Halloween party and need that one last gory detail?  You have come to the right place!
A few fellow bloggers and I are participating in a Creepy Crawl that Marilyn from The Artsy Girl Connection has put together to countdown to Halloween.  Day one is here and Miss Marilyn has outdone herself in the gory goodness factor!


Creepy Critter Potion



It looks out of this world creepy to me but oh so good for the mouth!  Go visit The Artsy Girl Connection for the goods on her concoction!

Join in on the fun for the next 6 days as we hop over to visit many more talented ladies and the tricks up their sleeves!

















Up next....
Hill Country Homebody
Eeek that's me!
I'm soo nervous!

In case you aren't looking for creepy meet this guy!
Pin It



I think he turned out to be a cute little rustic Halloween greeting at the door.

And oh so easy!
Here's what you do....

First take a short road trip with your crew and go on a hunt..


do whatever little stretching or dancing you need to do to prepare


take a good look at each intricate detail


think about your selection
 (what is mom going to try to achieve with these?)


there's a good one


 look for a way to get a better view 




and bring em home baby!


What a trooper!


Now really..I had no intention to do this little tower o' pumpkins to this extent.  I thought I might put a couple on top of each other but this nope.  I just couldn't help myself they fit so perfectly together! 


So then I thought if I just added a little spagna moss at the bottom it would be more finished.

Then I decided it needed a little more..

I bought a few of these guys which were 1.49 and then 30% off.


then I had to buy some of this lovely chalkboard paint.  This is where we are in life right now...I know I already have some in the garage somewhere...but you should see our garage at the moment! No please don't ...don't go in there..you will never come out! So I just bought more! If it saves a little sanity then I am down with buying it because you can never have enough chalkboard paint right?


I put the wood pennant little guys into one of the gazillion Scentsy boxes that I have laying around to avoid overspray and turned them into a cute little chalkboard bunting.



I strung them together with some raffia covered florist wire that I had actually bought for another project.



I didn't get any pics but you know what to do...Write something on the bunting!

Like BOO of course;)
Since the raffia was wired it was super simple to position it around the pumpkins



you can tell here that I just wrapped it around the stem of the top pumpkin to hold it in place
and then just tucked the rest in the back.

oh and you may notice I tucked a little more spagna moss in between some of these beauties!











I am soo happy with how warm and welcoming this turned out!  Even if it does say "BOO"!


What do ya think?  Have you found a way to display your pumpkin finds?  Do you scatter them all around the house or do you come home with a mission to make something!  Oh and don't worry we did get a jack o lantern out of them too!


Do tell!

See you tomorrow where my old friend spagna shows up again..







Photobucket

linking to:
At the Picket Fence
Blue Cricket Design
The Trendy Treehouse
Someday Crafts
DIY by Design
Savvy Southern Style
Between Naps on the Porch
Dittle Dattle
Sumos Sweet Stuff
Skip to My Lou
The Girl Creative
Todays Creative Blog
Hope Studios
Type A Decorating
Fox Hollow Cottage
Tip Junkie handmade projects

6 comments:

Simply Good: Cooking with Rebecca said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the stack of pumpkins! So simple and festive.

Vanessa said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi, Jessica

I just love your fall decor. The pumpkins are great too. I found your blog on tip junkie link party. I am a new follower. Love for you to stop by www.homesweetbutterfly.com

Have a great day.
Vanessa

Rhonda said... Best Blogger Tips

Looks great Jessica!!!!

Marilyn said... Best Blogger Tips

Awesome post J..LOVE your shots, super double cuteness ...I'm anticipating your feature tomorrow, can't wait to see what creepy goodies u have in store..heeehee(evil laugh) ...~M

Karen said... Best Blogger Tips

They look great! I love the banner with the chalkboard paint. I need to try that:) Great job!

the cape on the corner said... Best Blogger Tips

i love this arrangement of pumpkins! and that boo bunting just makes it! i have major porch/stoop/stair envy right now!