Friday, June 29, 2012

10 years ago.....

I haven't shared many aspects of family or just personal life in general on this here blog but today is a biggie and I'm feeling inclined to share.

10  years ago I married this guy!



We have known each other since I was 18!  We married when I was 26.  You might think there is a story there.  There is but I'm shy;)  Tee Hee


 I think he knew I was addicted to all things home and just plain ol' DIY in general but I bet he never would have guessed we would spend the first few years of married life slaving away trying to make a stinky cheap house a home.  

Actually I would even consider our wedding a big diy project.  It was a quaint little wedding in his parents backyard.  I bought my dress and made the invitations, he rented his tux, his cousin made our cake, and our parents helped us decorate the backyard and rented the chairs.  You could definitely say it was budget friendly.  Actually even at that it wasn't friendly to our budget but we were tired of waiting until we had enough money to get married and it couldn't of turned out more special!
I think that is one of the things that make us love all things do it yourself.  You get to use your imagination and get something truly special out of it!

We have been through many different big transitions together and I have to say I couldn't have picked a better man to "hammer" away at life with! (cheesy I know;)

Photobucket

0 comments: